- M.Sc Economics and B.E Manufacturing at Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, Pilani Campus graduating May 2018
- Higher Secondary School: Narayana Junior College (M.P & E.V English Medium School), Visakapattinam
- Secondary School: The Hindu Colony Chellammal Vidyalaya Senior Secondary School, Chennai
- Google Summer of Code 2016 with LabLua - Sailor Web Framework
Integrated Elasticsearch with Sailor so that ES indexes can now be stored/searched as Sailor models providing interoperability between both systems. Developed a centralized configuration editor to change config settings on the fly without reloading the entire application. Also working on the centralized plugin system to integrate third party extensions into Sailor
Technologies Used: Lua, Elasticsearch REST API
- Vedanta Resources Ltd. (Summer 2015)
Analyzed and automated the data reporting and logging system at the Jharsuguda Plant saving around 70 hours of manual labor monthly. Personally appreciated by the Vice President(Operations) for the aggregation system and it was immediately put into production.
Technologies Used: Python, Python-excel packages like openpyxl, xlutils etc
- Technical Lead SSMS BITS Pilani (April 2015 - May 2016)
Led a 4 member team to develop a billing and inventory management system which is being put into use daily at all messes and canteens to handle transactions of about ₹6 Million monthly for all 4500 registered students.
Technologies Used : LAMP stack.
Projects I have worked on in no particular order.
Extended the OS by adding virtual memory, message passing queues, POSIX threads and OS-level semaphores. Implemented “fork” and “exec” system calls and the ability to run user program. Implemented indexed filesystem, hierarchical directory structure and buffer cache.
Technologies Used: C
Built the entire appointment booking and video calling system for doctors and patients. Patients can schedule appointments in advance, book slots for video calling and review their previous visits. The product has been now ported to Android and IoS and the startup launched as Visit.
Technologies Used: PHP, Slim Framework, WebRTC for the video calls
It is to help developers jump start developing any kind of mobility tracking applications. Tracker let’s any type or number of GPS enabled endpoints to send data to a NodeJs server which then maps their location history using Google Maps API.
A secure Port Knocking Implementation in Python using single packet authorization. Uses TCP and IND-CCA secure requests to open a port on the server. Uses hping3 to craft TCP packets. The knock packet is encrypted using the key transferred from the server and then sent to the knockport. It gets logged into kern.log which is read by Portsmith. It is then decrypted and the required port is then opened for the sourceIP using a custom iptables command. There is also an integrated SOCKS proxy to perform knocks before routing application traffic. Currently working on a kernel module implementation using Netfilter hooks, nftables and cryptographic primitives instead of high level libraries.
Technologies Used: Python, Cryptography Library( Fernet Symmetric Encryption )
- Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol
Was involved in the building a statistics module for an application layer streaming protocol in Python. It records information related to the stream, number of peers (audience) per minute, in/out of peers, total peers, etc. Wrote an graphical interface for viewing the numbers built using d3.js.
System Call tracer for Linux based systems which displays the syscalls used by a particular program in a neatly formatted manner without the complex details as shown by programs like strace.
Technologies Used: C
Implemented a Carrier Sense Multiple access with collision avoidance (CSMS/CA) layer for a generic protocol stack which was presented at APOGEE 2015.
- Computer Networks
- Software Defined Networking
- Operating Systems
- Network Security
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Network Programming
- Database Systems
- Object Oriented Programming
- Web Frameworks: Sailor, Django, Flask, Slim, Laravel
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
- DevOps: AWS, Git, Ansible, Docker, Heroku
- Reversing Tools: OllyDBG, GDB, Bless(hex editor), Hopper Disassembler
Gave a talk on MVC Web Frameworks and Google Summer of Code to a crowd of enthusiastic people at BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus.
Positions of Responsibility
- Technical Lead SSMS BITS Pilani ( April 2015 - May 2016).
- Core Member, Department of Informalz responsible for organizing and conducting fun events in all the major festivals at BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus.
- Member of Team Inspired Karters which builds an off-road vehicle for participating in BAJA-SAE(ATV Racing) around the globe.
- Member of National Service Scheme, Pilani, Incharge of the Computer Literacy Programme for under privileged kids in and around Pilani.
Other Activities and Interests
I reverse small binaries(crackmes) and play CTF’s in my free time.
Awards and Achievements
- Top 0.1% in JEE Mains 2013
- Best outgoing student award in secondary school for scoring a perfect 10 in CBSE exams.